Last updated August 23, 2021
Application Programming Interface (API) keys can be generated on your Emirex account to allow external applications permission to perform actions on your account such as trades, access account funding or track the data on your Emirex account.
This article assumes that you are aware of the security risks involved in generating API keys for your account.
Two-factor Authentication (2FA) is one way of reducing the risks of API keys.
How to set up 2FA for an API key
- Sign in to your Emirex account.
- Click on your profile in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Your 2FA should be enabled
- In section My API keys click Create new
- Copy access key and secret key and safe place
- Select your 2FA option (2FA App or Password).
- For 2FA App, open the Authenticator app on your device and either scan the QR code provided or manually enter the key by selecting “View setup Key”. Then, enter the numeric code that appears in the Authenticator app, and select “Confirm”.
- If using the Password option (least secure), follow the instructions to set up a password and select "Confirm"
- Select the actions that Two-factor Authentication will be required for. Then, click "Confirm" to continue.
Note that the function selections are not currently enabled, so the 2FA code will be required for all API calls using this API key.
- Congratulations, that's it! You have successfully set up 2FA for the API key you selected and you will see that it is now enabled.